PSAT Test Information
Please note, the exam for 2016 is currently on a wait list.
The Preliminary SAT/National Merit Scholarship Qualifying Test (PSAT/NMSQT), cosponsored by the College Board and the National Merit Scholarship can be taken to:
- Prepare for the SAT
- Enter competitions for scholarship from the National Merit Scholarship Corporation
- Receive information from colleges
- Begin college and career planning
- Help assess academic skills necessary for college-level work
The PSAT/NMSQT is the qualifying test for National Merit Scholarship Corporation’s scholarship and recognition programs. As this test is timed and scored differently from the ACT, it is not a test designed to help students be more successful on the ACT that students will take in their junior year.
The next test will be given at Batavia High School on Wednesday, October 19th 2016 from 8 am to approximately 11 am. Due to College Board restrictions, we are only able to offer the test on this day. Students should alert teachers as soon as possible that they are planning on taking the exam this day. Students are welcome to discuss whether taking the test is a good option with their counselor. The cost to register for the test is $20.
If you (or your child) is currently receiving testing accommodations at Batavia High School (with a 504 plan or IEP) and you will need these accommodations for the PSAT, you must complete a parent consent form and give it to your counselor or case manager by May 31, 2016.
Registration and payment must be received by September 23, 2016. If all available spots are taken as of this date, we will not be able to accept any late registrations. Please click here to register for this test. ONLY students will be able to access this form as it requires a BPS101 login. Students will need to BOTH register AND pay before they will be considered registered. Submitting a payment IS NOT registering for the test.
We will accept payments through PowerSchool. Once you have registerd for the exam, a fee will be added to your account within 72 hours. You will need to pay before your registration is considered complete. If you If you have any questions, please contact Kristen Stern at Kristen.Stern@bps101.net
If you are currently a homeschooled student in Batavia, you may register to take this test by emailing Mrs. Stern. You can mail or drop off a check at Batavia High School, attention Kristen Stern.
Before the Test
- Registered students will need to complete a pre-administration session during Late Start on September 29th at 7:15 am. Students who do not complete a Pre-Administration session will not be allowed to take the exam.
- Need text reminders? Click here!
Day of Test
- Students should report to the BHS cafeteria by 7:15 am.
- Students should bring several #2 pencils, a calculator and some form of photo ID (a student ID is acceptable)
- Students will not be allowed to bring any electronic devices (except a calculator) to the testing room. Bags and purses will not be allowed and should be left at home or in the student’s car or locker. Staff will not be responsible for items not allowed in testing room.