Class of 2016 Information
This news story contains a few of the informational items that parents of seniors need to know in the fall of 2015. A full senior newsletter with details for the entire year will be distributed in late November or early December. Information is also disseminated through the weekly newsletter, Bulldog Bites.
This story contains information on:
- Diploma Information
- Graduation Ceremony
It may seem that graduation is far off, but many behind the scenes preparations are already taking place. One of the items we are working on are the diplomas. You, as a parent, have the opportunity to tell us what name you would like on your graduate’s diploma (ex: first, middle, last or just first & last) – it’s up to you. If you have not already done so, here are the steps for completing the diploma name in Powerschool:
- Log into your parent portal in Powerschool
- Select the name of the student who is graduating
- On the left hand side – select ‘Registration Info’
- On the top you will see the ‘Demographics’ tab
- Go down to No. 14 – “Diploma Display Name”. Fill in the name you would like to appear on the diploma.
- Keep hitting the next button until you get to the final page, certify your information, then hit submit.
The deadline for this is October 15, 2015.
Graduation will take place at NIU on Wednesday, May 18th. Information about many of the details including attire, expectations, and times will be communicated in our senior newsletter. Participation in graduation practice on Tuesday, May 17th at 9:00 am is required in order to participate in the graduation ceremony.
The seniors’ last day of school will be on Friday, May 13th. This is a full day of school.