Frequently Asked Questions

Q: When will my child’s Chromebook be replaced?

Because of our excellent insurance plan and a Chromebook recall in 2015—which provided students with new devices—we will be getting another year of use out of our Chromebooks for students in grades 4-7 and grades 9-12. Students in grades 1, 2, and 8 received a new Chromebook at the beginning of the 2017-18 school year. Students who are in the classes of 2018-2021 will have the opportunity to keep their Chromebooks at the end of the 2017-18 school year if these conditions have been met.

Q: I want to take my child out of school for a family vacation. What do I do?

A. Prior to the date you will be leaving, your child needs to go to the Student Services Office and pick up a Planned Absence Form. This form needs to be completed and signed by the parent. Your student will then take it to each of his teachers and have it signed. Once it is signed, it needs to be returned to Student Services at least three days in advance of leaving on vacation. Any assignments given to the student are due the day the student returns to school.

Q: My child is a junior/senior. What do I do about college visits?

A. A Planned Absence Form needs to be completed. Juniors and seniors are allowed three college visits per year.

Q: My child will be late to school due to car trouble, an appointment, etc. What do I do?

A. Send a note with your child or call in to the attendance line (630) 937-8603 with the reason why he or she is late. When your child gets to school, have him or her report to the Campus Monitor’s desk at the Main Street or Wilson Street door to sign in and receive a pass to go to class.

Q: My child needs to get out of school for a dentist or doctor appointment. How do I let the school know?

A. You may either call in to the attendance line or send a note with your child letting us know why he or she needs to be dismissed and what time he or she needs to leave class. The Student Services Office will issue your child a pass to get out of class. Your child then needs to sign out in the office before leaving. When your child returns back to school,  he or she will sign back in at the office. The expectation is that your child will attend school before the appointment and return to school immediately after the appointment. If your child is not returning after an appointment, a note from the doctor or dentist needs to be brought in to Student Services the following day explaining why your child was not able to return.

Q: How do I obtain a work permit?

  1. Find a Job
  2. Complete the application for Employment Certificate (located in the main office) or HERE
  3. After this application is complete, return the application along with a copy of your birth certificate and a copy of an updated physical examination to the main office
  4. Within two days, the student can pick up the Certificate of Employment at the main office

Q: My family is moving. How do I withdraw my student?

If you are withdrawing your student during the school year, you will need to pick up a Withdrawal Form from the Counseling and Advising office (prior to your last day of attendance) and have your child bring that to each of his or her teachers to sign. Your student will need to return any school materials (textbooks, supplies), and clean out any lockers. You must also pay any outstanding fees.

When you turn your form in, you will receive an unofficial transcript to bring to your new school.  When your new school sends a request for records, we will release your transcript and other records to your new school directly. If you are moving during the summer, please contact us at (630) 937-8600 and contact your new school to request that your student’s records be sent.