Course Request Process
Current Freshmen, Sophomores & Juniors will receive an email on December 16-20, 2019 with course placements in Science, Social Studies, Math and English for the 2020-2021 school year.
Incoming Freshmen (Class of 2024) will receive an email on December 16-20, 2019. Freshman course placements (Science, Social Studies, Math and English) were determined by considering the following factors: college readiness skill-level as indicated by your child’s score ranges on MAP tests, current 8th grade course placements, historical data trends and 8th grade teacher review of recommended placements.
All Parents will use their parent login to request courses for the 2020-2021 school year in the PowerSchool Portal. The portal opens on January 10, 2020 and closes on January 24, 2020.
- Step-by-step directions
- Incoming 9th Grade Placement FAQs
- Course Selection Guides
- 2019-2020 BHS Course Catalog
- 2020-2021 BHS Course Catalog (Coming Soon)
- Placement Appeal/Course Change Request
- Students who want to request a change in any of their placements will need to complete this form by January 24, 2020. For multiple change requests, please submit each one individually.
- When selecting electives, your alternate selections MUST be different. Selecting the same course does not increase your chance of enrollment.
- If your son or daughter has an IEP, please be advised that final decisions will be made at their annual review. However, your student must still enter the portal to select courses, especially PE and electives. Failure to do this could result in your student not securing a spot in an elective course.