Course Request Process
Current Freshmen, Sophomores & Juniors will receive an email on January 4-6, 2021 with course placements in Science, Social Studies, Math and English for the 2021-2022 school year.
Incoming Freshmen (Class of 2025) will receive an email on January 4-6, 2021 Freshman course placements (Science, Social Studies, Math and English) were determined by considering the following factors: college readiness skill-level as indicated by your child’s score ranges on MAP tests, current 8th grade course placements, historical data trends and 8th grade teacher review of recommended placements.
All Parents will use their parent login to request courses for the 2021-2022 school year in the PowerSchool Portal. The portal opens on January 8, 2021 and closes on January 22, 2021.
- Step-by-step directions
- Incoming 9th Grade Placement FAQs
- BHS Elective Flipgrid Panel
- Course Selection Guides
- 2021-2022 BHS Course Catalog
- Do your BHS course selections align with college admissions requirements? Check the College Admissions Entrance Requirements Chart
- Placement Appeal/Course Change Request
- Students who want to request a change in any of their placements will need to complete this form by January 22, 2021. For multiple change requests, please submit each one individually.
- When selecting electives, your alternate selections MUST be different. Selecting the same course does not increase your chance of enrollment.
- If your son or daughter has an IEP, please be advised that final decisions will be made at their annual review. However, your student must still enter the portal to select courses, especially PE and electives. Failure to do this could result in your student not securing a spot in an elective course.