Course Request Process
Current Freshmen, Sophomores & Juniors will receive an email in the first week of January 2022 with the next steps for course requests for the 2022-2023 school year.
Incoming Freshmen (Class of 2026) will receive an email in the first week of January 2022 with Freshman course placements (Science, Social Studies, Math, and English) that were determined by considering the following factors: college readiness skill-level as indicated by your child’s score ranges on MAP tests, current 8th-grade course placements, historical data trends and 8th-grade teacher review of recommended placements.
All Parents will use their parent login to request courses for the 2022-2023 school year in the PowerSchool Portal. The portal opens in early January 2022 and closes approximately 2-weeks later.
- Step-by-step directions
- Incoming 9th Grade Placement FAQs
- BHS Elective Flipgrid Panel
- Grade Level Course Selection Guides: 9th, 10th, 11th, 12th
- 2022-2023 BHS Course Catalog
- Do your BHS course selections align with college admissions requirements? Check the College Admissions Entrance Requirements Chart
- Course Change Procedure
- Graduation Requirements
- GPA Calculator
- When selecting electives, your alternate selections MUST be different. Selecting the same course does not increase your chance of enrollment.
- If your son or daughter has an IEP, please be advised that final decisions will be made at their annual review. However, your student must still enter the portal to select courses, especially PE and electives. Failure to do this could result in your student not securing a spot in an elective course.