Course Request Process
Current Freshmen, Sophomores & Juniors will receive an email January 9th – 13th, 2023 with the next steps for course requests for the 2023-2024 school year.
Incoming Freshmen (Class of 2027) will receive an email January 9th – 13th, 2023 with course placements (Science, Social Studies, Math, and English) that were determined by considering the following factors: college readiness skill-level as indicated by your child’s score ranges on MAP tests, current 8th-grade course placements, historical data trends and 8th-grade teacher review of recommended placements.
All Parents will use their parent login to request courses for the 2023-2024 school year in the PowerSchool Portal. The portal opens in early January 18th and closes February 1st.
- Step-by-step directions
- Incoming 9th Grade Placement FAQs
- BHS Elective Flipgrid Panel
- Grade Level Course Selection Guides: 9th, 10th, 11th, 12th
- 2022-2023 BHS Course Catalog
- 2023-2024 BHS Course Catalog (Coming soon)
- Do your BHS course selections align with college admissions requirements? Check the College Admissions Entrance Requirements Chart
- Course Change Procedure
- Graduation Requirements
- GPA Calculator
- When selecting electives, your alternate selections MUST be different. Selecting the same course does not increase your chance of enrollment.
- If your son or daughter has an IEP, please be advised that final decisions will be made at their annual review. However, your student must still enter the portal to select courses, especially PE and electives. Failure to do this could result in your student not securing a spot in an elective course.
- NCAA Athletics (for potential collegiate athletes – see your counselor for more information)
- Career Clusters